It is the 1st of August, which means Edinburgh Festival and The Fringe is on in Edinburgh. If you don’t know about the festival, you should. It is an explosion of people, the arts and every kind of show you could imagine and ones you couldn’t imagine. Last year brought 42,096 performances of 2,695 shows, making it the largest ever arts festival in the world.
When I first moved here from North Carolina, 11 years ago, I came over in August. I instantly fell in love with the city. It had more culture concentrated in one place; more than the year I spent at the rather intensive NC School of the Arts. When September came and the thousands of people left, it was like a different city. After the initial sadness and calmness, I now am thankful it only lasts one month. I like my city just the way it is.
- Poster campaign marks Edinburgh Art Festival start (scotsman.com)
- Ever been to the Edinburgh Festival? Well, why not? (beamagazine.wordpress.com)
- Edinburgh Fringe (wolfiesite.wordpress.com)
- Art | I Heart Scotland – Edinburgh Art Festival (thejournalist.ie)
- The insiders’ guide to the Edinburgh Fringe (bbc.co.uk)
- The Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2013 (theeditgcu.wordpress.com)
- Top Things to Do and See in Edinburgh (epicatravel.com)